I’m finally at the assembly stage of my dress, so things should go fairly quickly from here on in. I adjusted the gathers on my skirt layers so they hang properly. I also shortened the top layer a bit by cutting about 1.5″ off the top. Initially, I drafted it so there would be quite a bit of space (around 4″) between the right and left openings at the waist. When I looked at on the form, it was immediately apparent that it would look better with a smaller opening. In order to make the waist seam a bit wider, I cut off the curved top to make the curve longer. Now the opening is smaller, around 1.5″. I think it looks better.
I also cut an opening in the skirt for the side zip and an opening in the back so I can get it over my head.