All the fabrics are from my fabric stash, which, combined with my dye stash, worked pretty well. The bodice is a jacquard silk taffeta, dyed 2 shades using the same dye. That peachy color was hard to achieve, and this was as close as I could get. I did not have any purple fabric in my stash, so I took some bamboo rayon and dyed it purple. The color came out too saturated, so I will be more careful of that in the future.
For the wavy lines in the skirt, I did bobbinwork with silk cord. The skirt is silk charmeuse, which is not stable enough for bobbinwork. I backed it with cotton flannel (actually an old sheet), which gave it more heft without stiffness. I did the bobbinwork on the yardage, then cut out the skirt. The silk cord came from Habu Textiles in the city. Habu is one of the strangest stores I have ever entered. It’s worth a look if you’re in NYC when they are open.
This project was really interesting, and my daughter likes the result.