About a year ago, I drafted a slipper pattern that works for me. I made one pair that was a little too tight, then got it right with the second pair. Yesterday, I took apart one of that pair to make myself some new slippers.
I used some scraps that I had around. The upper is a purple cotton velvet in an upholstery weight, lined with polar fleece. The sole is leather salvaged from a leather jacket that I bought at a tag sale ages ago. The insole is 2 layers of wool. There’s a wool melton left over from a cape that I made, and cashmere salvaged from socks. I love cashmere socks, but they just don’t last. When the feel are entirely worn through, I save the rest for other projects, like this one.