DD and I made a dress for her new doll. We worked on the project together using her sewing machine that she got for Christmas. She loves it. The dress and the sewing machine.
White linen shorts in the same fabric as my jacket. The pattern is from May Burdastyle. I tapered the back pattern piece a bit, which opened up a second dart in the back. To taper, I used a method described in Threads 106, page 20. The description is for a skirt sloper, but you can easily adapt it to shorts, and the taper looks much better than just pulling it in at the side seams.
A bias cut silk charmeuse top. I am planning on making several of these in different sizes and selling them on Etsy. This is a size L or maybe XL. I pulled it in at the shoulders a bit so it would stay on my form. The charmeuse came from London Textiles, which we visited on PR Weekend in Philadelphia. I bought a lot of silk there (over 50 yards), but, having worked with this piece, I think I should have bought more. It is a pretty unbelivable quality.
Bias cut silk charmeuse top back. Again, it is too big for my form, so you get those drapey lines near the hem.
lastly, slippers for wearing around the house. I used an embroidered wool scrap for the upper, a cotton twill scrap for the back of the upper, and a leather scrap for the sole. I made the pattern by tracing my foot. They are a bit snug, but they will do.
another view of the slippers.
Trousers for the dd’s out of printed twill from JoMar, using an Ottobre pattern