Remember last week, when I posted photos of some sleeves? Well, here’s the whole jacket!
The pattern is one of the new Vogue patterns, 8876. It caught my attention when I saw this post on Marcy Tilton’s blog. I love the look of this dress as a jacket.
I went up 2 sizes, but I could easily have gone up one more. It’s a little tight at the shoulders if I’m wearing multiple layers underneath. I re-drafted the sleeve to a 2-piece sleeve, which is more fitting for a jacket. I also moved the pockets from the side seams to the side front seams and added a lining. I did not have enough fabric for the lower bands on the pattern, so I left them off. I fiddled with the length a bit, making it shorter in the front and longer in the back.
I love the curvy seam in the front. I thought for a while about the cap sleeve bits at the shoulder before deciding that I like them.
The fabric is an embroidered linen that came into the house a tan color, but I dyed it red. The lining is a silk faille that I dyed in the same dye bath. The underlining is some tightly woven cotton.