My husband and I have been invited to a black-tie wedding on New Year’s Eve. Since I have so much time to work on the dress before the event, I figured I would go out on a limb a bit with my dress. If it does not work out, I have plenty of fabric to knock together an LBD.
This is a big project, so I’m planning on doing construction updates like I did with my embellished jacket. Here’s the first one.
I have not made much progress yet. The kids started school last Thursday. The first week of school is always as much work for me as it is for them. Around the middle of this week, I hope to have a bit more time for sewing.
As you can see in the photos, the bodice is sheer with a lattice effect. The sheer is silk tulle, and the lattice is silk ombre devore. The skirt will be the ombre fabric. So far, I have embellished most of the front bodice piece.